Saturday, February 22, 2014

Plum wine in yogurt: Easy new dessert recipe with health benefits

By Linkya   Posted at   12:08 PM   yogurt No comments

Are you finding a new dessert recipe? Easy to make and not take too much time?
If YES.
Then you should try this idea.

New dessert idea from Japan?

Alcoholic drinks and yogurt appear to be two different things that could never go well together. However, Japan proved me wrong. One day, I was walking down the aisle of wine shop in Japan and the sign of one beautiful plum wine bottle caught my eyes with its light pink color label on opaque glass. When I read its instruction, I was amazed at its recommend: mix plum wine and yogurt. I must say, that was one of the best drinks I have tasted. It captured you heart right at the first try.
Now, let’s start and have a look at plum wine, what it is, it benefits and how to make amazing dessert with it.

 

Introduction

Plum wine (Umeshu) is listed as one of the most delicious drink in the world. Its notorious does not only come from its taste but also the health benefits. Plum wine is fermented using fresh Japanese apricot plum. You can easy mistake plum blossom and cherry blossom because of their similar colors and oval shaped petals. However plum has little split at the ends of the petals. You can visit Japan in late January and February for beautiful plum seasons and enjoy some types of plum soup noodles.
Now back to the topic, plum blossom also have a very fragrant smell that made plum wine has a very appealing sweet aroma. Plum wine is kind sweet too so it is easy to drink. Depending on plum wine’s sweetness, you can use it as an appetizer or a dessert.

Health benefits

- It helps reduce fatigue and helps the body relax and recover its energy and vitality.
- If you lost appetite, a bit of plum wine can help you stimulate saliva and bring out the flavor of any meal.
- It helps improve the ability of blood flow through the body.
- Japanese plum can boost your immune system and protect you from getting flue.
- In a study published in "Journal of Food Composition and Analysis" in 2007, researchers found that plum wines had a moderate total antioxidant capacity, similar to those of cherry and raspberry wines, but less than wines made from grapes or blueberries. Essential minerals including calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron and especially potassium were also present in the fruit wines as well as the red wines. Plum wines and other fruit wines were found to contain significantly less headache-inducing histamines than red wines.
- Plum wines have an alcoholic content similar to red or white wine, 12 percent. They have similar health benefits as red wines if consumed with moderate amounts such as reduced risk of diabetes, reduced risk of heart disease.

What do you need to make plum wine yogurt:

- 4 tablespoons of plum wine
- Plain yogurt (no sugar)/ Drinking yogurt: 50ml
- Sugar (optional)
- Water/ Ice cubes
Optional add-ins:
- Honey
- Lemon juice
- Fruit slices
- Jelly

Prepare time: 5 minutes
Calories: 63 kcal
SARARI TO SHITA UMESHU. Click link to access and purchase it there.
SARARI TO SHITA UMESHU. Click link to access and purchase it there.

How to make it


  1. Choose plum wine. I recommend to by SARARI TO SHITA UMESHU - Low alcohol type of Plum wines with 40% calorie off (by comparison with other products).
  2. Put yogurt and ice cubs in mixer and mix it well. In winter, I normally buy drinking yogurt so I can enjoy a hot delicious drink.
  3. Mix plum wine with yogurt. You can add more sugar or more wine if you like. I do not like too much sweet so I don’t add sugar or anything more.
  4. Enjoy!

Note:

You can choose high quality yogurt for better taste. I once bought one expensive Hokkaido yogurt. It tasted like heaven.
If you don’t like yogurt, you can replace it with milk with 300ml of milk with 4 tablespoons of plum wine.
In case you can’t buy plum wine or can’t stand alcohol
- Buy a rip medium plum instead. Peel off the skin. Then slice it into small pieces.
- Add sugar and lemon juice to plum pieces.
- Wrap the mix and put it into microwave for one.
- Put the mix, yogurt/ milk, ice cubes into mixer and mix everything.

You can use this to maintain weight loss.

I have maintained an exercise routine for several years. However, after coming back home from school or work, I feel exhausted and do not feel like working out at all. My budget is tight so buying energy drink is not a choice. Instead I drink plum wine and yogurt to boost my energy. When my battery is charged, I can run for one hour or take part in an intense dancing routine.
Besides, I feel full and satisfied until dinner time. I am a big fan of food. I can get hungry easily and can eat more even if I just finish my lunch. That’s why I use this drink to control my craving for food.
You can give it a try if you have trouble sleeping too.
If you are looking for a full of flavor appeatizer, new family dessert or a drink to increase energy or improve mood then plum wine with yogurt is worth a try.

If you have any other amazing recipe idea, please share with me!

0 comments :

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Powered by Blogger.

What they says

© 2013 One man living . WP Mythemeshop Converted by BloggerTheme9
Blogger templates . | Distributed by Rocking Templates Proudly Powered by Blogger .